Tuesday, November 1, 2011

President Lee Myung-Bak Shook Hands With Me

On October, 5th 2011, a group of Woosong students took the first route in history of the newly open railway to Yeosu Expo Station and attended the opening ceremony of the Jeolla double-track electric rail line.

At 10 a.m., the ceremony started with a melodious harmony from young school children. Then at about 11 a.m. the president walked into the ground and greeted everyone nicely. He was kinder and warmer than the pictures I’d seen on the internet. He walked toward us and I got my heartbeat racing. 
Then he stopped to shake hands with the people around him. I saw him stretching his hand toward the student beside me and my head stopped running……. 



Oh, my God, dear Mr.Lee Myung-bak reached his hand to me and I held it excitedly. I felt like walking on the air, looking at the president silently until he got seated. Then the president joined other representatives and unveiled the Yeosu-Expo Station symbol.


Information on Yeosu Expo Station:

  1. The double-track electric rail line , from the North Jeolla Peovince city of Iksan to Yeosu, stretches 180 kilometers, cutting travel time between Seoul to Yeosu by 103 minutes to three and a half hours.
  2. The double-track electric rail line enables the high-speed KTX train to run to Yeosu, the last station of the line where the World Expo will be held next year.


Lucy Wang is currently a Woosong Student majoring in Railway Management

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites