Thursday, October 27, 2011

An Impressive Honor

Recently, six foreign students from Woosong University were invited to participate in the opening ceremony celebrating the operation of the Jeolla Railroad. Fortunately, I was included in this particular group. It was “fortunate” because we would be honored to see the President of South Korea through this opportunity. For someone like me who has never been so lucky to see such great figures, it would be an exciting experience.

First, we departed from Daejeon to Yeosu by train. It took us about 2.5 hours to arrive at the destination. After an hour’s wait, we finally saw the president step into the venue at a slow pace. Despite a blurred silhouette, I was so excited that all I could do was just hold my breath and stare at the group in unanimous formal attire. After a 30-minute speech, the most exciting moment came.

President Lee stepped down from the stage and started shaking hands with the people who stood in the front line. It was so crowded and I didn’t have any idea, until I realized that I was in the front line and was grasping the President’s hands firmly. Although it was a short time of 10 seconds, I thought I would never forget this meaningful moment of my first time meeting a great figure.

While it happened over a week ago, I will still be filled with excitement when thinking of the moment!

Tao Yuting is currently a Woosong Student majoring in Railway Communication Engineering

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites