Friday, June 29, 2012

Yeosu EXPO 2012 (Part 3)

expo4 The Yeosu Expo was an issue before its opening because of Korea’s desire, the Kim Yu Na effect, and many people’s help.

We looked forward to holding the Yeosu Expo for a long time. This year was the result of many years of preparation; it was time to show the world. I, personally, eagerly looked forward to it because I mostly have lived on the land. Therefore, the ocean is an interesting topic to me.

When I visited the Yeosu Expo, I got three impressions. First, the Yeosu Expo was very informative and unique. They introduced the world’s best knowledge and technology related to the Expo’s theme-- “The Living Ocean and Coast;” and proposed ways to utilize them to develop and advance the global community, economy, and science. Also, there are individual company pavilions and international pavilions. Furthermore, the Yeosu Expo had enjoyable events, cultural performances and a variety of shows with the open sea. It provided a bunch of information about various themes.

Second, the Yeosu Expo organizers were creative. Their exhibitions used high quality technology, such as 4D imaging, screening, or simulation. Therefore I could experience and understand things more easily than I expected. Also, they made interactive facilities that everybody from the young to the old could enjoy together. Most of the pavilions made people experience or see things in three dimensions and used machines and high technology. They did not just have us look at pictures. Every time when I went to a different pavilion, I got a shock because of the unimaginable high technology. It was a totally different exhibition than what I am used to seeing. This style made me concentrate and participate more.

Lastly, the Yeosu Expo included nature. There were 3 distinct aspects of nature: the mountains, the ocean and the land. The smell of the ocean and the fresh, clean air of the mountains were awesome. In addition, the sightseeing was fantastic. I think the people who live in the city and have a busy life can relax well in that kind of natural environment. The nature is harmonious, so we can feel nature's friendliness.

However, there were some points that I was disappointed with. Even though I reserved the pavilions, I failed to get in on time because of the many people and long lines. Also I found one thing during interviewing people from other nations: they said this expo is unknown to other countries compared to the Shanghai Expo. I want to make up for these parts so that we finish the Yeosu Expo more successfully than we started. I hope that Korea is developing and stepping ahead of the rest of the world through this good change with the Yeosu Expo. 


Staff writer Shin Hye Kyung is currently a Woosong University student majoring in Nursing Science.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites