Friday, August 26, 2011

Me, Myself, and I plus Travel

I have traveled a lot of countries relative to my peers. I went to the Philippines when I was in 6th grade in the elementary, I lived about a year as an exchange student in place called Phoenixville near Philadelphia, PA. I took a French class while I went to school there, and we had a trip to Quebec, Canada for few days. And I have no doubt about recommending to other students to go to the States for a year. It will help you a lot in many ways. You will be through the sweet and bitter, and other matters that were not even predicted. And at last you will grow up. Also, during this program you have to stay in host family’s house. So you will know how to mingle with people, talk to the strangers and say “Hello” to a person that you have passed on the road. 

Through culture shock, you will become aware of that ‘I was the frog in the wall!’ I have visited some countries in Europe like the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Czech and Hungary during my second year in high school. This made me want to restart my French, and dream to go to a French university. But I have noticed that it cannot be as easy as to get into for Koreans. While I was in my final year of my high school. I should have come back to earth earlier. But also studying French was my choice too. And I would love to do what I want to do. So I don’t regret it. I don’t think it is a good idea to go on a vacation during your high school years. It will make you confused like it did to me.

Finally I planned my trip to India alone; technically the trip went fine by me. But I started my trip with another Korean lady, unfortunately it lasted less than a week. But I met so many Koreans and one of my Indian friends took care of me while I was having some problems with my tummy. It was not that tough to survive there. It gave me some lessons and a viewpoint of how I am going to pioneer my life afterwards. So it was worth to being ill there. And i have come to appreciate my life and things that I’ve got now. So the trip to India was one the best that I have ever had.

My point is that I dare you to travel. It is such an awesome learning experience. Of course too, the more the merrier!

Eun Young Hwang is currently a Woosong Student majoring in Hotel Tourism Management

3 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

I've been in the Philippines too and people there are really friendly and accommodating. There are a lot of amazing beaches in the country as well. I would really wanna go back to the Philippines.

corporate travel services

Basing from your travel credentials, I agree that you are well traveled. Be proud of it and I hope you have more destinations lined up.
holiday park

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites